Friday, January 16, 2009

Florence and seeing Sart Differently

Number three in the gloves post is right by the post office and a piazza (square) where I had dinner tonight! Fabulous seeing the people and the places everyday. I forgot my camera in my apartment and I've only been using internet here in this little Gelateria (Ice Cream Shop) around the corner. They offer free wi-fi, with the purchase of a Cup of Gelato 1.5 euro or a tea or anything for as little as 1 euro! Fabulous trade off for an hour or two of internet access.

I've been enjoying the sales which take place only in January and then only again in May! I've got to get it all done now! I've since purchased from one of those haggling street vendors, an across the chest purse to hold my essentials and hopefully keep me safe from pickpockets. Nearly everyone wears them here, I think it helps me fit in. The other day actually, I was stopped by an Italian man who asked me for directions to a place I didn't know, obviously. I responded with a confused look and some broken Italian (which is getting much better by the way) and he got the idea.

I went shopping at ZARA here too and it was fabulous. I got a great shirt for 12 euro! The styles, boots, fashions, bags, nearly everything you can imagine putting on your body in a fashionable way... you could probably find inspiration here.

Aside from that, there are little shops for almost everything you could want! Glove shops, hat shops, eye glasses shop, shoe shops, bag shops, scarf shops, even a nineTnine cent shop! Where one can find some American chocolate candies for, as the name indicates, 99 cents. Also toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. T, the gelateria sounds lovely! how cool that you're right in the places Sart is photographing. And... you look like a local already? amazing!!

    ReplyDelete