Thursday, June 4, 2009

Stir

I have made a summer goal to become more well-read.

I used to be a book lover, but somewhere between Project Runway marathons and twelve page papers I lost that passion. So I am re-igniting it. Sometimes you think you've lost something - but really, it's only become inaccessible because it's settled somewhere real deep in your heart. Picture heavy sands at the bottom of an ocean... you just need to stir it up to get it swirling again.

Some passions might have been for a season. But some passions need re-stirring, I reckon.

Here's my reading list for the summer:

  • The Alchemist (check)

  • The Catcher in the Rye (check)

  • Love's Executioner

  • The Screwtape Letters

  • The Great Gatsby

  • The Count of Monte Cristo

  • The Life of Pi

  • To Kill a Mockingbird

  • Pride and Prejudice

  • A Wrinkle in Time

[Stir it up.]

2 comments:

  1. I recommend 1984 by George Orwell too, it really made me think. Also you're such a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the list! I've been re-reading Harry Potter...not really deep thinking reading, but it's fun! Next on my list is The Omnivore's Dilemma (a bit of a departure from HP, but so interesting!)

    ReplyDelete