Monday, May 18, 2009

Cathedral Afternoon

There's nothing like a gorgeous afternoon at the National Cathedral. The garden is a perfect place to bask in the sunlight and enjoy time with God.

When I was there last week, I read this psalm:
Shout with joy to God all the earth! Sing to the glory of His name; make His praise glorious! Say to God, 'How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All the earth bows down to you; they sing praise to you, they sing praise to your name!' Come and see what God has done, how awesome are His works in man's behalf.
- Psalm 66: 1-5 NIV

1 comment:

  1. This is so similar to something I learned a few weeks ago too! I was sitting under this fabulously beautiful tree in my backyard -- I loved it so much I painted it.

    Anyway as I was sitting there reading, I just began to sing a worship song to God. And in that moment, I felt like I was praising the Lord with all of creation. That tree's beauty was certainly a testament of his glory and greatness.

    ReplyDelete